Call and request an information packet and application. The application includes the following document requirements:
- Household information
- Financial statements
- Autobiographies from the applicant(s)
- Information on children living in the home
- Physician’s medical report
The agency will contact the listed references, and will also request the following documentation
- Criminal background check
- Child Abuse and Neglect Registry
- Individual questionnaires
A caseworker will contact you to begin the home study process once we have received your reference letters and background checks. The process includes:
- A series of interviews with at least one meeting taking place in the family’s home, one joint interview, and one individual interview with each applicant. The caseworker will also interview any age-appropriate children in the home.
- In-depth discussions of key adoption issues including, motivation to adopt, marriage and family history, child preference, and the adoption process, among others.
During this process the applicant(s) will be creating the family profile, which allows the birthparents to learn about the family and their desire to expand their family. The profile should be original, creative and different as the individuals that prepare them.
Please be sure to include:
- a collection of recent, casual, close-up, colorful family photographs
- a Dear Birth Parent letter
- submit eight (8) bound booklets to the office not to exceed 9 x 12 in size
The caseworker and the agency director will approve each family for adoption.
Once the home study is finalized the family will be eligible for matching with birth parents.